Where to See Holiday Lights in Jacksonville
November 14, 2023 | amandasearlerealtor
Jacksonville, offers several places where you can see holiday lights and enjoy the festive atmosphere during the holiday season. Here are some popular options:
- Deck the Chairs: This annual event takes place at Jacksonville Beach and features a display of decorated lifeguard chairs, each with its own unique holiday theme. It’s a free event that typically runs from late November through early January.
- Zoo Lights at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens: The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens often hosts a holiday light display called “Zoo Lights.” Visitors can stroll through the zoo’s pathways illuminated with thousands of twinkling lights, enjoy holiday-themed activities, and even visit with Santa. This event usually runs from late November through December.
- Jax Illuminations: Located at the Morocco Shrine Center, Jax Illuminations is a drive-thru holiday light display that features a variety of lighted scenes and holiday music. It typically operates from late November through early January.
- Downtown Jacksonville: The downtown area often gets decked out with holiday lights and decorations. You can take a leisurely stroll through the streets to enjoy the festive atmosphere. The Jacksonville Landing area and Hemming Park are often beautifully decorated.
- Jacksonville Beaches: Many homes in the Jacksonville Beach area participate in the annual “Deck the Chairs” event, where beach lifeguard chairs are creatively decorated with holiday lights and themes. You can take a walk along the beach promenade to see these unique displays.
- St. Augustine’s Nights of Lights: While not in Jacksonville itself, nearby St. Augustine hosts a world-famous “Nights of Lights” event. The historic district of St. Augustine is beautifully decorated with millions of white lights, creating a magical atmosphere. It’s worth the short drive from Jacksonville to experience this enchanting holiday display.
Please note that the availability and schedules of these holiday light displays may change from year to year, so it’s a good idea to check the specific event websites or local news sources for the most up-to-date information and operating hours before planning your visit. Enjoy the holiday lights in Jacksonville!