With the holidays coming up many homeowners like to go all out in decorating. However, if your house is on the market then special consideration should be given to how you decorate.
What not to do:
Don’t over decorate so buyers can’t see the house when they are looking. Remember buyers are there to take a look at the house, if you clutter up the property with holiday decor then they will see the decorations more than the house. It could also make your home feel smaller than it really is.
What to Do:
1. Use Fall Plants to add color and highlight the entry
2. Use holiday accent colors to create a festive mood but not overpower
3. Use neutral colors too to create a sophisticated and understated holiday feeling
4. Use a simple wreath on your front door to highlight the entry but not over power your porch
On the inside:
1. Consider a simple table decoration
2. Highlight your homes character with simple decor